At Armstrong, we value craftsmanship and precision. Our tires aren’t just black and round. We used our century’s worth of experiences combined with the latest technology in the industry to create the best tire we could today. All Armstrong tires are covered by our TUFF 360 warranty – the most comprehensive warranty in the industry inspired by our mascot, TUFFY the Rhino. TUFFY is tough, savvy, and resilient – he doesn’t shy away from the potholes of the world, and neither should you.
The TUFF 360 Warranty offers the following benefits:
- I.WORKMANSHIP AND MATERIALS WARRANTY
- II. MILEAGE TREADWEAR WARRANTY
- III. 24/7 ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- IV.ROAD HAZARD REPLACEMENT PROGRAM
- V.30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED
DETAILED TERMS & CONDITIONS
WHO IS COVERED BY TUFF 360?
This limited warranty only applies to the original purchaser of new Armstrong brand replacement radial tires, supplied either directly or through an authorized Armstrong dealer, which are mounted on passenger cars, vans, and light trucks and have been used on the same vehicle they were originally installed on.
This warranty applies to consumers purchasing and using the tires in all of the United States (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands), and Canada.
BENEFIT I: WORKMANSHIP & MATERIALS WARRANTY
All Armstrong tires are warranted against defects in workmanship and material and will be replaced 100 % free of charge for the initial warranty period, which is the ﬁrst 2/32” of the original usable tread, or within twelve (12) months from the date of purchase (proof of purchase required), whichever comes ﬁrst. Applicable fees, taxes, and costs of mounting and balancing are payable by the owner.
After the 100 % replacement term expires and the tire is still within six (6) years from the date of purchase (proof of purchase required), credit will be pro-rated towards the purchase of a comparable Armstrong tire. The credit will be determined by the percentage of original tread depth remaining on the tire and the current Armstrong price in effect at the time of adjustment. Applicable fees, taxes, and costs of mounting and balancing are payable by the owner.
R.T.D = Remaining Tread Depth
O.T.D = Original Tread Depth
If R.T.D = 5/32” = 5 and O.T.D = 10/32” = 10
THE CALCULATION IS
Remaining Usable Tread Depth (5-2) / Original Usable Tread
Depth (10 – 2) = 3/8 = 0.375
BENEFIT II: MILEAGE TREADWEAR WARRANTY
“Most patterns manufactured by Armstrong Tire are covered by a mileage warranty from the point of original purchase (proof of purchase required). If a tire reaches the end of its usable tread life (2/32”) before the stated mileage warranty, it will be replaced by a comparable Armstrong tire on a pro-rated basis. The adjustment cost will be determined by multiplying the percentage of mileage obtained by the current Armstrong price in effect at the time of adjustment. Applicable fees, taxes, and costs of mounting and balancing are payable by the owner.”
THE MILEAGE WARRANTY COVERS THE FOLLOWING:
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR ARMSTRONG’S MILEAGE TREADWEAR WARRANTY, THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY:
- The tires must be rotated every 5,000 – 6,000 miles.
- The owner must be the original purchaser of the tires and have the original copy of the invoice showing the mileage at installation.
- The original purchaser must be the owner of the vehicle on which the tires were originally installed.
- The tires are worn out evenly across the tread, down to the treadwear indicator (2/32”) at which time they are considered to be 100 % worn out. The tire must not have more than 2/32” tread depth difference.
- The Tire Rotation Card (included) must be completed by the servicing dealer.
- For vehicles equipped with staggered size ﬁtments (different tire sizes on the front and rear axles) which cannot be rotated, the mileage warranty for the front or rear tires will be 50 % of the warranted miles speciﬁed under the standard Armstrong treadwear warranty.
BENEFIT III: 24/7 ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Upon purchasing Armstrong Tires and during a two-year term, you are eligible for one reimbursement per Armstrong tire up to $75.00 per twelve-month period for roadside flat tire changing assistance provided by a licensed provider of your choice. A toll-free number is provided in case of a ﬂat tire or other roadside assistance. This toll-free number (1-844-806-2111) provides access to a roadside assistance dispatcher 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Flat tire changing assistance is strictly limited to the roadside installation of a usable spare tire. You must have a useable spare tire and is responsible for towing or other parts and services unrelated to tire damage. This service requires use of a credit card to arrange for dispatch.
BENEFIT IV:ROAD HAZARD REPLACEMENT PROGRAM
TUFF 360™ offers a road hazard warranty that protects the consumer against non-repairable damage caused by cuts, punctures, snags, and bruises, or impact damages caused by potholes, curbs or other objects on the road.
This Road Hazard Program is included with new Armstrong BLU-TRAC PC (passenger tires), BLU-TRAC HP (ultra high performance tires), TRU-TRAC SU (SUV tires), TRU-TRAC AT* (4X4 tires), TRU-TRAC HT* (4×4 tires) and light truck tires sold by tire retailers and is administered by a third-party program administrator, Sonsio Management, Inc.
*Commercial-use and off-road use tires are excluded from the Program.
A. WHAT ARE THE TERMS?
This Program covers eligible Armstrong tires for a term of 24 months from the date on the original purchase invoice for the tires, or until any part of the tire tread that comes in contact with the road has a tread depth of 2/32” or less, whichever occurs ﬁrst.
The Terms are as follows:
Covered tires will be eligible for a free replacement for the ﬁrst year from the date of purchase.
Covered tires will be eligible for replacement at 50% of the original purchase price of that tire.
This Program covers only the new Armstrong passenger or light truck tires named above that are (i) purchased by the consumer, from a tire retailer selling Armstrong tires, and (ii) that are listed clearly on the original invoice, identiﬁed by tire brand, type, size and the part/SKU number(s), (iii) while installed on the vehicle identiﬁed by year, make, model, and mileage on the original purchase invoice (“Eligible Armstrong Tires”).
B. WHAT IS ROAD HAZARD DAMAGE?
Road hazard damage occurs when a tire fails as a result of a puncture, bruise, or impact break incurred during the course of normal driving on a road maintained by state or local authority. Nails, glass and potholes are the most common examples of road hazards.
C. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
This Program provides reimbursement for ﬂat tire repair and/or tire replacement, up to the original purchase price of the tire or the replacement tire price, whichever is less, not to exceed a maximum of $200.00 during the Term, when an eligible Armstrong tire is damaged by a road hazard. (“Beneﬁt Limit”)
FLAT TIRE REPAIR
If, during the Term, an eligible Armstrong tire is damaged due to a covered road hazard and can be safely repaired per industry standards and guidelines, the tire may be repaired by any Servicing Facility. The permanent patch/plug and the labor to perform the repair will be covered up to $20.00 per tire per occurrence. Balancing is not covered. The consumer is responsible for any additional charges including, but not limited to shop supplies. The Program will remain in effect for the repaired tire for the remainder of the Term. It is not necessary to contact the Program Administrator before having a ﬂat tire repaired.
If, during the Term, an eligible Armstrong tire is damaged due to a covered road hazard, the damaged tire will be replaced with an exact make/model of tire if available. If not available, a comparable quality tire will be installed.
When an eligible Armstrong tire failure occurs in the ﬁrst 12 months of ownership, the eligible Armstrong tire will be replaced with reimbursement up to the Beneﬁt Limit. When an eligible Armstrong tire fails after the ﬁrst 12 months of ownership, the consumer is responsible for 50 % of the original purchase price of that tire. For example, if the original price of the eligible Armstrong tire was $100, and it is damaged in the 18th month of ownership, the portion of the replacement cost is 50 % of the original purchase price of the Eligible Armstrong Tire, $50.00. In no event shall 100% coverage exceed the Beneﬁt Limit.
You are responsible for any additional charges including, but not limited to, mounting, balancing, taxes and miscellaneous fees. Prior authorization and a claim number must be obtained before replacing the damaged tire or the consumer’s claim for reimbursement may be denied.
D. WHAT ARE THE LIMITATIONS?
- Under no circumstances will the eligible reimbursement amount exceed the Beneﬁt Limit of $200.
- The consumer must pay for all charges incurred for service, repair, and/or replacement and submit a claim for reimbursement of eligible expenses.
- The Program Administrator reserves the right to limit reimbursement to the generally accepted retail replacement costs.
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF A ROAD HAZARD CLAIM
A. IF YOU ARE THE SERVICING FACILITY.
In the case of claims related to road hazard, the Servicing Facility or Authorized Retailer of the eligible Armstrong tires must contact the Program Administrator at 1-844-806-2111 for prior authorization and to obtain a claim number (not required for ﬂat tire repair, applicable to tire replacement only). Prior authorization and a claim number must be obtained before replacing the damaged tire.
All reimbursements for claims are made directly to the consumer. However, if the Servicing Facility is willing to accept payment directly from the Program Administrator, please submit the required claim documents as specified below.
B. IF YOU ARE THE CONSUMER.
For all claim reimbursements including ﬂat tire repair, roadside assistance and tire replacement related to road hazards, you must:
1. TAKE YOUR VEHICLE TO:
(1) The original facility where you purchased your Armstrong tires, (2) to an authorized Armstrong retailer, (3) or to the nearest tire servicing facility.
The servicing facility must contact the program administrator at 1-844-806-2111 for prior authorization and to obtain a claim number (not required for ﬂat tire repair, applicable to tire replacement only). Prior authorization and a claim number must be obtained before replacing the damaged tire.
2. HAVE PROPER DOCUMENTATION READY.
A. A copy of the original invoice showing the purchase of your Armstrong tires including:
I. Tire servicing facility name, address and phone number
II. Your name, address, and signature
III. Year/make/model and mileage of vehicle
IV. Brand, type, and size of tire(s)
B. A signed copy of the paid repair or replacement invoice, including:
I. Tire servicing facility name, address and phone number.
II. Your name, address, and signature.
III. Brand, type, size and purchase price of the replacement tire.
IV. Year/Make/Model of Vehicle.
C. A claim reference number from your servicing facility (required only if the tire was replaced).
3. SEND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO:
By Email: TireClaims@sonsio.com
By Fax: (866) 449-3239
Armstrong Tire Program Administrator
P.O Box 17480,
Golden, CO 80402-6024.
- You must pay for all charges incurred for service, repair, and/or replacement and submit a claim for reimbursement of eligible expenses as described above.
- You are responsible for your portion of the replacement cost, if any, and any and all other charges not covered by this Program.
- For assistance changing a ﬂat tire, you may contact your own service provider or call the toll-free number to be connected with a dispatcher.
- Tires being replaced under the Program must be surrendered to the Servicing Facility.
- Tires being replaced under the Program must be made available for inspection if requested by the Servicing Facility.
- If a tire needs to be replaced and authorization cannot be obtained because the damage has occurred outside of the Program Administrator’s normal business hours, you may elect to wait for authorization or proceed with a tire replacement. In order to be eligible for reimbursement:
(1) you must go to the original facility where you purchased your Armstrong tires, or to an authorized Armstrong retailer, or to the nearest tire servicing facility; (2) if replaced, the damaged tire must be retained, AND
(3) the Program Administrator must be contacted at 1-844- 806-2111 within 2 business days. There is no guaranteed eligibility.
BENEFIT V: 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED
TUFF 360™ offers a 30-day trial period for all Armstrong tires purchased as replacement tires in the United States and Canada (commercial use excluded). Eligible Armstrong tires may be returned within 30 days from the date of purchase for a full refund (including the cost of mounting and balancing of up to $10.00 per tire, as well as applicable taxes).
The tires must be returned to the retailer from which they were purchased with the original sales invoice.
The trial offer applies only to the original purchased set of four tires. Tires are not eligible for a refund if:
- Tires have been used in motorsports activities or competitive events.
- Tires have been transferred from the vehicle on which they were originally installed.
- There is a road hazard or injury such as: damage caused by obstacles or debris, cuts, punctures (whether repairable or not), snags, bruises, tears, abrasions or impact breaks.
- There is damage or failure resulting from improper operation or maintenance such as: operating while ﬂat or severely under-inﬂated, improper application of tire size and/or speciﬁcation, improper mounting/ dismounting procedures or tire/wheel assembly balance; load, speed and inﬂation practices causing excessive operational temperatures that exceed tires’ capabilities, damage caused by tire repair.
- There is damage or failure resulting from: damaged rim or chain damage; wheel alignment or brake problems, mechanical irregularities in the vehicle or wheel, negligence, misuse and abusive driving, including but not limited to spinning, racing or accident damage.
- The tires have more than 1/32” (0.8mm) treadwear.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE TUFF 360 WARRANTY?
- Ride disturbances that occur after the ﬁrst 2/32” of treadwear.
- Replacement of (3) three or more tires from the same vehicle.
- Tires used or equipped on a vehicle registered or operated outside of the United States (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands), or Canada.
- Tires worn beyond the treadwear indicators (less than 2/32” remaining tread).
- The cost of mounting and balancing and applicable taxes and fees (except when speciﬁed).
- Tire damage or irregular wear due to:
- Continued use while run ﬂat or under acute under-inﬂation.
- Improper repair, or with repairs not conforming to the Rubber Manufacturers’ Association standards, or with section repairs, or with self-vulcanizing plug only.
- Improper use or operation, including, but not limited to: over inﬂation, overloading, contamination or degradation by petroleum products or other chemicals, tire chain damage, use for racing or competitions, excessive off-road use, or willful damage or abuse.
- Improper or insufﬁcient maintenance, including, but not limited to: misalignment, wheel imbalance, defective brakes or shock absorbers, improper mounting or demounting, or other vehicle conditions.
- Failure to rotate the tire at least every 5,000 – 6,000 miles.
- Tires with the D.O.T identiﬁcation number removed or rendered illegible.
- Tires that are:
- Installed on any other vehicle other than the vehicle of original installation.
- Acquired as used tires or purchased by somebody other than you.
- Ozone or weather cracking on tires purchased over four (4) years from date of purchase (proof of purchase is required).
- Damage incurred outside the United States and Canada.
- Tire repairs or replacements made by anyone other than a Tire Servicing Facility, its agents, contractors or licensees.
- Repair, replacement, or ﬂat tire changing assistance for tires that are not: (1) purchased by the Consumer, from an authorized Armstrong Tire retailer, and (2) clearly listed on the original purchase invoice; (3) identiﬁed by the tire brand, type, size, and the part/SKU numbers; (4) while installed on the vehicle identiﬁed by year, make, and model on the original purchase invoice; and (5) damaged while installed on the vehicle.
- Repair or replacement of tires that:
- Have been repaired in a manner other than per tire manufacturer guidelines and industry approved methods.
- Have been re-treaded, re-capped, re-grooved, remolded, or tubed.
- Repair or replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on vehicles with a manufacturer’s load rating capacity greater than one-ton.
- Repair or replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on vehicles with a load capacity of one-ton or greater designed for, built for or used in a private recreational or commercial application including but not limited to Class A (or Type A) Motor Homes and Class C (or Type C) Motor Homes.
- Repair or replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on motorcycles, trailers, or on vehicles used for competitive driving or racing, police or emergency service, snow removal, carriage of passengers for hire, commercial towing, construction, or postal service.
- Repair or replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on vehicles used for farming, ranching, or agriculture, and vehicles that are registered to or licensed under a farm or ranch.
- Repair or replacement of tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) and/or devices and components associated with TPMS.
- Fees charged by the roadside assistance provider when (1) the driver is not with the Covered Vehicle when the roadside assistance provider arrives; (2) the Covered Vehicle is not at the location given to the dispatcher when the roadside assistance provider arrives; or (3) if the consumer does not call back to cancel the requested service within the window given by the roadside assistance provider.
- Tire alteration of any manner, including, but not limited to: siping, bufﬁng, stud pin holes, re-grooving, or additives.
- Any other damage caused by user’s actions or omissions not in conformity with vehicle manufacturer’s speciﬁcations or instructions.
WHERE TO GO FOR WARRANTY REPLACEMENT
Whenever possible you should return your vehicle to the original facility you purchased your Armstrong tires from. If you are unable to return to the original servicing facility, you can locate an authorized dealer at armstrongtire.com/dealer-locator or call the toll-free number 1-844-806-2111 for assistance.
HOW TO FILE A CLAIM
in order to claim an adjustment from Armstrong Tire for claims related to I. Workmanship and Materials Warranty and II. Mileage Treadwear Warranty, the dealer must:
1. Fill out a “Claim Adjustment Form”
2. Email the completed form to claims@armstrongtire. com along with three medium resolution pictures of the following:
- Serial and DOT number, labeled as 1-1.
- Damaged portion, labeled as 1-2.
- Complete tire with the tread portion clearly visible, labeled as 1-3 and so forth.
- Mileage Warranty & Tire Rotation Card (applicable to mileage related adjustments only).
3. Mail us the DOT and serial number cut-outs of adjusted claims at:
ATTN: CLAIM ADJUSTMENT
3200 NW 67TH AVE, BLDG 2, SUITE 260
MIAMI, FL 33122
IN ORDER TO CLAIM REIMBURSEMENT FOR A REFUND RELATED TO V. 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, THE DEALER MUST:
1. Fill out a “Claim Adjustment Form” with a description about the reason for return.
2. Email the completed form to email@example.com along with a copy of the original purchase invoice of the tires showing:
- Armstrong Tire retailer name, address and phone number.
- Year/make/model and mileage of vehicle.
- Brand, type, and size of tire(s).
- DOT number(s).
All claims will be processed within 30 days. Once approved, credit will be issued for the original purchasing price of the tire(s). In the case of a refund related to the 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, the cost of mounting and balance up to $10.00, and applicable taxes will also be reimbursed.
IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS OFFERED BY THE TUFF 360™ WARRANTY, THE CONSUMER MUST:
- Present the tire to an authorized Armstrong retailer (or the original facility the tires were purchased from, wherever possible).
- Present a copy of the original purchase invoice with the documented automobile mileage at the time of tire installation.
- Present a tire rotation record showing that all tires have been rotated at least every 5,000 – 6,000 miles (applicable to mileage warranty claims only).
- Pay the amount due on a replacement tire (if any), including taxes, mounting and balancing charges and/or the cost of other services, less the amount of credit.
- For claims related to Road Hazard or Roadside Assistance, please see speciﬁc instructions stated in section titled “WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF A ROAD HAZARD CLAIM”.
Armstrong Tire makes your safety our top priority. It is essential for you to ensure proper use and maintenance of your tires to avoid any serious injury. Here are some safety tips we recommend to mitigate your risk of tire failure:
- Owners must continue to rotate tires in accordance to their vehicle owner’s manual or every 5,000 – 6,000 miles.
- Tires should be regularly inspected by a qualiﬁed tire professional for any signs of damage.
- Tires should be mounted only by trained professionals. Follow all instructions in the vehicle owner’s manual or tire placard in vehicle to avoid under-inﬂation, overloading and misapplication.
- Use approved rims and wheels only.
- Do not spin tires on slippery surfaces such as snow, ice, or mud, or spin in excess of 35 mph (56 kph), as indicated on the speedometer.
- We recommend replacing any tires that are beyond (10) ten years from their date of manufacture. If your vehicle manufacturer has speciﬁc recommendations for tire replacement, you should follow the speciﬁc recommendations for that vehicle.
- Always avoid purchasing used tires. Previous usage may have damaged internal components that may lead to tire failure.
- We recommend replacing all four tires at the same time. However, when only two are replaced, the new tires should be installed on the rear since deeper tread may provide better grip and water evacuation in wet conditions.
- We recommend routine air pressure checks as per your vehicle manufacturer’s speciﬁcations.
Any tire, no matter how well constructed, may fail in use as a result of damage or misuse. If you experience any vibrations or ride disturbances, or notice a bulge, bump, or any kind of irregularities, we recommend having your tires evaluated by a qualiﬁed tire servicer immediately.